This is a small spool with 100m of filament.
Fil X recommends a nozzle temperature of 215– 230°C and a bed temperature of 70°C
• High-Temperature Resistance – 3D Prints done in SBS are more resistant to ambient heat and UV rays from the Sun.
• Lower Density – Lower density means you get more filament on a roll.
• Non-Hygroscopic – FilX SBS filament does not pick up moisture from the ambient humidity.
• Impact Resistance – FilX SBS filament is slightly flexible, which helps it to be less brittle.
• Wide Temperature Range – FilX SBS Filament can be printed from as low as 195°C to as high as 250°C. The faster you print the hotter your printing temperatures will need to be.
• Locally made – FilX SBS Filament is manufactured in Cape Town, South Africa
SBS or Styrene-butadiene-styrene is known for being both tough and flexible at the same time. This is due to its Polystyrene origin lending it a hard and tough consistency while the Polybutadiene gives it a bit more bounce with its rubbery properties.
This combination offers good layer adhesion, no odour during printing and no moisture absorption.
Fil X SBS is very easy to print, we recommend a glass bed (70°C) with added hairspray for better bed adhesion.
Fil X SBS can be smoothed with d-limonene leaving you with a smooth and shiny finished print.